This has been my favorite summer "make" so far.
It's such a nice fit.... and the fabric turned out to be a great fit as well!!
It started out as an experiment, as do so many of the things I make.
I wanted to make a wrap top, but I didn't have a pattern.
Sometimes, I will cut and paste patterns ( using pieces and parts from several patterns), so to speak, to create the look I want.
This time, it wasn't that complicated.
I just chose a pattern that had nothing to do with "wrapping", and which recommended an entirely different type of fabric. Hence, the experiment.
Above (right) is the pattern I used. I chose the bottom orange version.
After I cut and sewed, I attached ties from the left outside to the waist inside (photo left).
Next, I made a tie out of leftover fabric, and attached it at the right side waist seam.
And, done. That's a wrap. (sorry, couldn't resist)
Around the armholes I simply double folded, and sewed it down.
The size is adjustable. I love that. On my fat days I want something that has a little give.
And despite the pattern calling for a knit material, the cotton was a do-able substitute.
It looks crisp, and keep a nice shape.